Let’s start with the endgame. Define the arena, pick your targets, and carve out that unique edge that lets you crush the competition. It’s not just about playing the game – it’s about rewriting the rules so you’re ALWAYS ahead.
Table of Contents
Get updates on this course and related content
We won't spam you
The 3 Laws of Success
Success is no accident. It’s about setting deadlines, focusing on what truly matters, and eliminating bottlenecks. Embrace hard work, maintain coherence, and follow these laws to thrive.
Laws of Success
Success follows specific rules. Let’s break down three laws that greatly influence how we achieve success.
This law explains how deadlines control effort. When tasks don’t have tight deadlines, they tend to take longer than necessary. People might fill the available time rather than completing the job efficiently. Setting deadlines helps get things done sooner, even if it’s not perfect, making it effective and viable.
Law of the Vital Few
Focusing on what matters most is crucial. Often, a small percentage of efforts produce the most significant results. For instance, if most of your business comes from one platform, concentrating efforts there instead of across multiple platforms can yield similar or better results with less effort. Prioritize what truly drives outcomes, focusing on leading metrics that guide success, rather than justifying past failures.
Law of the Bottleneck
Every system has a weak point limiting its performance. Identifying and addressing these bottlenecks improves overall efficiency. Instead of fixing all problems at once, focus on the most critical one. Prematurely solving multiple issues might not be necessary once you address the main bottleneck.
Key Startup Principles
- Embrace Challenges: The most rewarding outcomes often come from tackling difficult tasks.
- Systemize Processes: Creating systems, even if you’re a startup, ensures consistency and scalability over time.
- Focus on What Matters: Prioritize tasks that truly drive progress. Avoid task-switching costs by chunking your time effectively.
- Experiment and Learn: Treat everything as an experiment. Learn not just what works but also what doesn’t.
- Fixed Time, Flexible Scope: Set deadlines for tasks. If necessary, adjust the scope to ensure timely delivery without compromising quality.
- Seek Coherence: Unhappiness often arises from inconsistencies between your current situation and your goals. Finding coherence leads to a happier and more effective path forward.
Final Thoughts on Success
Success isn’t random; it’s a result of choices, hard work, and following these principles. By managing yourself and your team effectively, achieving success becomes a more probable outcome. Remember, success is a journey built on choices and disciplined effort.